Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Monday, December 28, 2009

I've Been A Bad, Bad 'saur!

I am SO sorry! I have been a horrible, horrible 'saur! I can't believe it's been two months since my last update... I should be sent to the Time Out Chair.
Honestly, I think the big reason is that I have nothing to update you on! I am still recovering from my operation and we can't BD until my March cycle at the earliest, but I think we're going to wait until my April cycle. I'm actually going away this summer... TO CAMP! Haha, I figured if I can't have a kid I may as well become one. I don't mind being PG while there, but I'd rather not be that far along when I have to head out there in May. Yes, I am driving from California to Minnesota! I'm crazy, I know!
However, just because we're not trying to have a baby doesn't mean we can't have a little fun and have some fun, fun fertility drama, right?

I am the blond with the green tank top in the back row. And if you can't tell I am about to poo myself. This was taken on the Tower of Terror at California Adventures the weekend before Thanksgiving. I was actually ovulating that day and I swear I was a HUGE emotional wreck, moreso then I usually am. :) So while standing in line waiting to get on this ride my mind just started messing with me and I got sooooo terrified! My sister-in-law (sitting to my right) and my husband (guy in the red shirt in the middle) made me go on. And I proceeded to practically have a heart attack. But it was fun... until I got off the ride and realized I was shaking so hard my teeth were vibrating and I had to go lie down!

And it just so happens that my mother-in-law gave DH and I a hotel room for the night as our Christmas gift. After my extremely stressed out day at C.A. he decided to relax me with a nice massage and foot rub and.... yeah. You know how that story ends, right? Well here's a twist... we had a CONDOM BREAK! Aaaaahh!!! I seriously didn't think condoms really broke, but it did. But here's the real kicker- DH didn't tell me right away.

Flash forward to about 5 days later we are chatting and he mentions this. I honestly didn't think much of it at the time because I forgot I'd been ovulating that weekend. But then CD11 came and went. That's when AF usually starts now-a-days. Then 12DPO came and went. 13DPO, 14DPO, and 15DPO did the same. At this point I was CD33 and suddenly realized "Ah!! I'm late!!!"

Of course I tested. Once a pee-on-a-stick maniac, always a POAS maniac! It was negative. I was both relieved and disappointed. I know having a baby at this point in my recovery would probably lead to a m/c, but there was that little hope in me that if I was pregnant maybe it would be OK! I wouldn't be able to go to camp, but that was the last thing I cared about at the time.

The next days (16DPO and CD34) AF finally came. I didn't bother going to the doctor because I figured this was the result of my operation messing with my cycles, so I don't really know what caused AF to delay her visit to me. It does give me hope that maybe my LPD has self-corrected, but only time will tell.

The only other thing that has changes is I finally admitted that I have infertility issues. Until now I just referred to them as "obstacles", but when I realized in October that we have been TTC for a year I finally started thinking of our "obstacles" as "infertility". When you make this realization it sort of changes the game a bit. Suddenly the books you read, the doctors you speak to, and the way you view conception changes. It's hard to explain, but it just makes things different. I'm hoping this realization will help us when we get to BD again in March/April, but, again, only time will tell.

I have been meaning to read some pregnancy books and write a review of them, but I've kind of been trying to get TTC off of my mind. Though I imagine that will be difficult when I spend all of next weekend babysitting my 2 month old nephew. Stay tuned... I'm sure I'll have some tales to share from that! And I promise to not be a bad 'saur ever again!!!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment