Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Sunday, June 14, 2009

Seven Weeks


image source

Today marks the beginning of my seventh week of pregnancy. I nausea has been lessening, my breasts are less sore but my fatigue seems to have doubled. I get tired just doing regular housework or slight exercise. I am trying not to overdo it, especially right now and take advantage of the time I have right now to nap whenever I feel the need. I know that in about seventh months, that will be an extreme luxury!

According to BabyCenter.com:

The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.

If you could see inside your womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in your baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.


This week I have my first, official appointment with the OB/GYN. I'll have a pap smear (due for one) and our first ultrasound. I hope they get a good picture of the little being. If so, I'll post it here. Wish me luck on Wednesday! I am trying to stay positive, but I also want to be realistic that if something isn't right we might see that. I have no reason to think that everything isn't perfectly okay, but then again, I think most newly pregnant women probably feel that way. Anyway, Mr. Divasaur is coming with me and hopefully we'll see the heartbeat.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! Can't wait to hear about your u/s! Mine is on Thursday. Think it might be to early to see a heartbeat but I think you will see one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait until Wednesday! I hope you get a nice picture!!

    ReplyDelete