Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bust

I´ve been MIA because last cycle was a bust. I don´t know why, but I thought it had real potential. Guess not. I´ve pondered the reasons it might not have worked out, and all I can come up with is that about three months ago Mr. Lillysaur was sick with Bronchitis and on antibiotics. According to the Mayo Clinic website : Fact: The flu slows sperm production. An illness that causes a fever can affect sperm production and sperm quality. But it won't affect fertility for two to three months, since it takes sperm 75 days to mature. So for the time being I´ll blame it on Mr. Lillysaur and not me. Very mature, I know.

Speaking of Mr. Lillysaur, we were all geared up to go in next week for Mr. Lillysaur´s SA and a mucos penetration test only to find out that the Dr. is on vacation and there is no one else in the practice of endocrinologists who can do those tests. Fabulous. I was crushed to hear that yet another cycle will go to waste. In fact, two or three cycles because I´ll be on vacation in July and August and will miss the July window, and possibly the August window. Sigh. I don´t really think the tests will turn up much, but it´s the last step in testing for us. After that it´s try, try again.

I´ve been reading up on Amazon about new books to read on the subject of miscarriage and trying after miscarriage. I think I´ve found three to get. I´ll let you know what I think of them once I´ve read them. Until then I can recommend Coming to Term: Uncovering the Truth about Miscarriage by Jon Cohen.

1 comment:

  1. Trying after a miscarriage was difficult for us. It must be even harder after multiple early ones. I'm sorry this month wasn't the one for you...

    PS: Interesting about the flu and sperm production. I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete