Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Sunday, June 7, 2009

Remember me? I will remember you.

Hello lovelies. Remember me?

I'm the friendly, neighbourhood 'Saur known as Legalosaur... who has been on vacation for most of May and the beginning of this month. First we got back from our "big" trip Stateside which was wonderful and exhausting. And then I got insanely busy at work (perk of being a transactional lawyer) for the one week I was actually in the office at the end of May. Then I went to a conference, where I was madly making contract-drafting-loooooove with my laptop at every available moment, while still schmoozing and attending sessions. Finally, and most recently, Mr. L and I went to a family reunion in a lovely farming community that was a lot of fun... especially when you're trying to make convincing excuses about why you're not drinking and you normally do!

You may remember my last (and no-so-recent, sorry!) post where I was convinced that I was pregnant. I'm not going to lie. My suspicions got stronger as time drew along. The nausea, the fatigue. These past two weeks with work exploding and all the travel have been trying to say the least.

And yet, there was no actual confirmation that I was pregnant. Just my suspicions. And my slightly suspicious husband, who wasn't quite sure if he should dare to hope...

And, finally, on June 4th, at what was 10 DPO if I ovulated on D14, I tested. Because I just had to know.

And it was POSITIVE. Very, very faint, but a pink line was definitely there.

And then, once again, this morning at 13 DPO, I tested again. And it's still POSITIVE. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! This is REAL, y'all! I'm not crazy!!

We are cautiously happy. After our first pregnancy that ended in miscarriage, a new pregnancy will always be tinged with some sadness and anxiety.

But it's also filled with something so much more overwhelming - a huge, awesome LOVE for this baby growing inside of me right now. And hope. Huge hope. This baby who is 3 weeks and 5 days old, due on February 15, 2010, he or she is our second child and we love him or her very, very much. We will always remember these happy days, little one.

And, if any of you internet peeps has some sticky thoughts that you can spare and send our way, I would very much appreciate them. Because I am going to WILL this to be a healthy, happy pregnancy, dammit. Positive thoughts all the way! (And I'm slowing down at work now too, I promise!)

 Pregnancy Ticker

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! HUGE congratulations!!

    This has been a cycle for a lot of the Pregosaurs! I'm so happy we have another to add to that list.

    Lots of sticky baby vibes coming your way. Happy and healthy 9 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You are only 2 days behind me! Sending you lots of sticky baby dust. I'm so glad we all have each other to go through this journey with together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, although all I see is a big pink box where the image should be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats - sending sticky baby dust your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!!

    @Photo - That's too awesome!! I'm excited to have a buddy!

    @Melaina25 - Thanks for the heads up, I deleted the image. Obviously, it did not want to be stolen. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! That's fantastic! And I am sending you tons of sticky baby dust! Yay for 2010 babies!

    ReplyDelete