Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lab Results

I am 5w4d today. A couple of days ago I finally heard back from the doctor's office about my blood and urine work from last week. My beta at 16DPO was 1331! So that's good and strong. We won't know until my first u/s on June 17th whether that's one baby or two. I am really hoping for a singleton as much as my husband and family want me to carry twins!

In addition, it was discovered that I have an asymptomatic UTI. So bizzare. I have only had one in my life and I knew something was wrong. This time? Nothing. Or nothing obvious. I am peeing more frequently, but I chalked that up to being newly pregnant. I must have gotten on the marathon flight back to the US where I only used the restroom once in 12 hours! Sitting in the middle on an overnight trans-Pacific flight is not cool.

Anyway, I have been prescribed a week's worth of antibiotics that is supposed to clear it all up for me. Sadly that means no boom-boom with Mr. Divasaur, which is a pity, since I was finally feeling like giving it a go. We haven't had sex since 3DPO, mainly because I was out of town for a week, got my BFP and then was not feeling sexy at all with my sore bewbies, waves of nausea and extreme fatigue. This week has been a bit better and I have actually been thinking we'd give it a shot. Guess we'll have to wait a little longer. I just pray that when we do I don't bleed afterwards. Realistically, I know it's a possibility and I know it's fairly "normal," but emotionally, I don't know if I can handle spotting right now, even if it's just due to sex irritating my cervix. So we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Do twins run in your family? Not to burst anyone's bubble but my betas were 2,655 @17DPO and it's just one poptart in there.

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, twins to run on both sides of my family and I am a twin (fraternal). I also fit the profile due to my height, weight and age which put me at something like 30% chance of naturally concieving twins. We shall see. I really prefer not to, but will roll with the punches.

    ReplyDelete