Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Monday, June 15, 2009

I can breathe a little easier now...

Finally, finally, finally! Today the doctor called with my HCG levels. The weight that has been pressing down on my chest since getting our BFP has been lifted a little bit now.

My levels jumped from 702 to 2223 in a 72 hour period. This is GOOD, very good. That means it's taking about 1.8 days for my levels to double, which is perfect.

I know it's not a guarantee that everything will be okay in the future. But at least it's a little bit of comfort today, to know that today everything is okay with our baby. That he or she is thriving, growing, and his or her heart has started beating this week, in almost-week-5.

And I needed this reassurance, as my nausea has dropped off significantly in the past few days. I'm still dead tired and my boobs still hurt, but the loss of nausea worries me because that's exactly what happened when I had my miscarriage in March.

So, I'm working on taking it day by day. By focusing on the positive. By loving our little baby every day, because I regret not focusing on loving our first baby enough when he or she was actually alive (if that makes, sense...??? It does to me).

And hopefully everything will be okay this time. Hopefully.

 Pregnancy Ticker

1 comment: