Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, May 7, 2009

To test or not to test....

I am about to blow my mind with indecision, and desperately need help deciding whether or not to pee on a stick this weekend.

Before you vote, some info:

Generally, the earliest that you can get an accurate test result is twelve days past ovulation. You can get a positive at 10- or 11DPO (as Blondiesaur did), but twelve is a more reliable number. For me, 12DPO is this coming Sunday.

My luteal phase (the length of time between ovulation and your next period starting) is also twelve days. This means that my period should start this coming Monday.

I'm in Australia and therefore a day ahead of most of you - so today is Friday for me (10DPO).

So I have a choice:
1. I can test on Sunday, the day before my period is due; or
2. I can wait that extra day and see if my period comes on Monday - if not, I can take a test then.

The second option might seem like the obvious choice, since getting a BFN and then seeing Aunt Flo arrive the next day would be depressing as hell. However, I'd MUCH rather test on a weekend morning instead of a weekday, when I'd have to go to work afterward; after the miscarriage, I'm not sure what kind of intense emotions I might be dealing with, regardless of whether the test is positive or negative, and I'd like to be able to stay home all day without calling in sick if I need to.

So what would you do? For the chart stalkers, here's how things are looking, if that will influence your vote:

Click here to see all my charts compared.

And here's the official "Should I POAS" clicky poll - feel free to post in the comments, too!

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, I tested early for two reasons.

    1) I wanted to catch another c/p if I had one.
    2) I wanted to get bloodwork asap and you can't get that done on the weekend.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *lol* I laugh at the poll results. We're a big ole bunch of impatient ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you make a decision? Chart is looking good!

    ReplyDelete