Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Friday, May 8, 2009

Are We or Aren't We?

Are we TTC? I don't really know! My doctors are too indecisive. One (the regular doctor) gives me a bad prognosis and implied I'll probably have a painful recovery. This I can handle for myself, but probably not if I'm pregnant. Then my physical therapist is more upbeat about it and doesn't think I have what regular doctor thinks I have. Awesome! Not so painful recovery! Sweet! But even she hesitates to tell me I'm OK until I see the Orthopedist on the 29th.

So May is one more lost month. I don't know how I'll handle it if the Orthopedist gives me a half-assed diagnosis and I have to waste more months. I just want to know if I can handle pregnancy and recovery at the same time. Meaning- DO I NEED SURGERY!?!?

Ok, Ok, I understand that no one can say "No, you won't need surgery!" because they really don't know. And if they say that and I need surgery I could sue. I wouldn't sue, but they have to live with that fear every day so in the dark I remain. But honestly, at this point, I wonder if anyone will ever know what’s really going on in there!


Photo Source


But I continue to PRETEND like we are TTC. We talk about it. I buy random baby stuff when I see things on sale. We make plans for next year like we'll have a baby. I’m staying in tune with my body and my cycle so I know when my most fertile days are, etc. I figure we're doing it to keep ourselves sane. Right? That makes sense.

So while I continue to pretend like I am TTC I am starting to take better care of myself. After the accident I gained 6 pounds. Not a lot, I know, but BEFORE the accident my gyno told me I should probably gain 5 pounds pre-baby in order to plop myself higher on the BMI. Pre-weight gain I was at BMI-18-ish. With the 5 pounds I'd be at 19-ish. So I gained the weight. But then I gained more. And the last 6 pounds were not good pounds. They were pure lazy-weight. So now I’m trying to lose it, or at least replace it with muscle weight. Which means some light exercising (can’t do too much with the shoulder) and a better diet. So now that’s my goal. Better diet, more exercise, lose 5 pounds. That should keep me nicely occupied until the 29th when my fate is (maybe) handed to me.

And what has been my work-out of choice? I was hoping you’d ask that!



Seriously. Watch the video. You won’t regret it. I SWEAR it works though! It does wonders for your mid-section and buttocks. Also, it’s great fun at parties!

1 comment: