Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Saturday, May 9, 2009

Big. Fat.........

Negative.

And what a negative! Look at that! Not even a hint of a second line! Booooooo! Add to that the fact that my temperature has dropped a bit this morning, and I think this is the beginning of the end for this cycle.

I'm not going to lie - I'm bummed. My chart was looking pretty freaking good, and my hopes were up. I'm also now a little bit concerned at the fatigue I've been feeling lately - all my other symptoms can be explained by PMS or other reasons, but the fatigue makes me wonder if something else is going on, since it's very unusual for me and I've only ever felt that way when pregnant. It could be psychosomatic, but I don't think it is since it began before I thought there was the possibility I was knocked up. Maybe I'm not getting enough vitamins? I take pre-natals and eat leafy green veggies, but perhaps I'm still deficient in something or other...any suggestions?

On the upside, as a friend said to me earlier this week when we were discussing the possibility of a BFP, "even if it's a BFN, you can celebrate that you had a healthy normal cycle." And you know what? She is TOTALLY right. Don't get me wrong, a BFP would have rocked my socks. But I'm grateful that I've regained a normal cycle almost right away after the miscarriage. It can take months (even a year) for this to happen for some women, so I'm happy and relieved that even if we didn't have a win this time around, we have a good chance of it happening in the next few months. Silver lining = found!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have such a great outlook on this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great attitude. As for the fatigue...it could be from a myriad of things. I know last cycle, I was super tired too and definitely had more "symptoms" than I normally do before AF. Anyway, who knows? I started to make sure I was getting 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. If I don't then I am falling asleep after work.

    If you still notice you're really fatigued, definitely talk to your doc. And good luck next cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to learn some optimism from my fellow Pregosaurs. Good luck next cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great you have such a great outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you! I'm so glad focusing on your healthy cycle has been a silver lining for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great friend to point that out. Super attitude.

    Check in with your health care provider about the fatigue. Could be a bunch of things. If you're like me, suffering with springtime allergies, you might not be sleeping that well because of them.

    ReplyDelete