Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Monday, May 25, 2009

I Gave In

I've always been really in tuned with my body, at least when ovulation was concerned. I had very obvious signs that I was ovulating and never really saw the need to chart. But when my last cycle got so screwed up I thought maybe it would be best to chart a cycle or two to see exactly how long my luteal phase is and if I'm really ovulating, etc. So I got myself a Fertility Friend account. I also bought some OPKs, if for no other reason but I want to see a BFP, even if it is just an ovulation stick!

So I've now been temping and charting for four days. And I SUCK! Seriously, I'm horrible. You're supposed to wake up and temp at the same time every day. Well, since I don't work I don't have any schedule so I made a time of 9:30 to wake up and temp. That worked out great... the first day! The second day I got woken up around 8:30 because I had to go to the bathroom and just decided to stay up. The next day I had to get up at 9 for an appointment. Then today I woke up feeling sick and was unable to go back to sleep at 6:45. Tomorrow won't be much better since I still feel sick and plan to knock myself out with Niquil and sleep until I wake up. The result is the most pathetic looking chart ever:



Not a single closed circle. I think it's a good thing I'm supplementing with OPKs this cycle because FF just seems really confused by me.

So if my cycle this month follows my cycle last month I should be ovulating in 3-4 days. I'll start doing daily OPKs tomorrow (I did one yesterday just to learn how to do them) and keep you all updated. Hopefully I get a BFP on those and get a normal, regular luteal phase and last month was just a fluke!

3 comments:

  1. It's okay. My chart only has 4 closed circles in 43 days since I wake up at different times every single day. As long as you take your temp first thing before you get out of bed or do anything, you should still see a temp shift. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice makes perfect! I found that after I chose a waking/temp time that was earlier than any of the times I would spontaneously wake up that I was able to be consistent. That time ended up being 4:45 a.m. since DH usually wakes around that time and the cat sometimes wakes us for food. I would temp and then either get up to pee or just roll over and go back to sleep. My BBT has a memory feature and stores 5 temps, so I would just record it later. Good luck! Backing up the chart with OPKs is a good idea. I love, love , love my CBEFM and highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think FF will accept the temps as long as they are within an hour or so but since you are just starting your chart, FF isn't familiar with your waking times yet. Don't stress too much about it but it sounds like 9am might be a better time to aim for.

    ReplyDelete