Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Monday, May 4, 2009

Boo to long cycles

I'm not the most patient person in the world. In fact, being impatient is probably my greatest flaw. Now that we're TTC, it seems I have no choice but to patiently wait to O and then wait some more during the 2WW. But it's already starting to drive me crazy because my cycles are long, which means I have to wait longer than most to O. It also sucks that I have less chances to conceive than people with "normal" length cycles. I've been off BCP since the end of January and I'm only on my third cycle. Last cycle I ovulated on CD30 so my cycle was 43 days long. I was hoping this one would be shorter but I'm on CD 24 with no signs of O.

I'm already frustrated with my cycles and have kind of decided that although I'm charting, I'm just going to kind of go with the flow and not get too caught up in it. I'm not cutting out caffeine or alcohol completely until I get my BFP because I feel like I shouldn't deprive myself and stress myself out over it if it may not happen for a while. Perhaps I'm just trying to protect myself from being too disappointed if it doesn't happen for a while.

What's hard, too, is that everyone at work knows we're TTC. I'm wishing I hadn't said anything in the beginning but at last count there were 6 of us trying so it was kind of something exciting that we all had in common. So far only one has announced that she is pregnant. But I feel like every week someone is asking me if I'm pregnant yet. They have no concept of the fact that I have long cycles and thus, longer waits between ovulating and fewer chances to conceive (despite me trying to tell them that).

I think the hardest thing for me is to accept the fact that I can't have something I want right now, when I want it. I'm the type of person who decides she wants something and then makes it happen. My husband always tells me I shouldn't worry about things I can't control. But those are the things that frustrate me the most. And as much as I want it to be, conceiving a child is not something I really have any control over. I can help the process along and increase my odds, but ultimately it's going to happen when it happens, not necessarily when I want it to happen.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! It can take up to a year to regulate your cycle after coming off BCP! Keep charting and in time, you'll see if there's a shift or not. Many gals have long cycles and still get KU and you can too! Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get what you mean about not being in control. I am just like you - when I want it, I want it NOW! I agree with Divasaur, though. Don't lose heart. Just because you have a longer cycle, doesn't mean that it won't happen for you, and soon! *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete