Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, May 14, 2009

Holy Bloat!


image source

I am 4DPO (FF didn’t quite agree with my CBEFM and moved my O date to CD26 rather than CD25, which is fine since we had good timing either way) and I am trying my best not to read into any phantom symptoms. My breasts are a tad tender, but they were also tender last month during the 2WW. I have an increased appetite, but maybe that’s more related to stress than anything else? Or perhaps it's from eating so restrictive these past 5 months. One “out of the ordinary” sign is the major bloat I have going on today! I woke up and had a noticeable difference in my abdomen. Up high too, between my bra line and my belly button. It’s so weird! It’s not particularly painful other than my pants are fitting tighter today around the waist than normal. Could be related to that increased appetite I just mentioned! But seriously, I am drinking just as much water as I usually do. In fact, I remember during the last 2WW I had frequent urination which I don’t have at all right now. Just this bloated belly. I hope it goes away. It's not flattering in the least. We’re having asparagus with dinner tonight, so perhaps that will do the trick!?

On a side note, this Saturday I depart for a trip halfway around the world (literally) and hope that it will be a good distraction for me during this 2WW. I cannot believe that I am flying for 22 hours just to be in this foreign city for 3 nights! Normally, if I travel that far, I am there for 3 weeks! It’s such a short trip because I am traveling for work— we have two meetings to attend and then we’re coming straight back. The plus is I will get a ton of miles for my own use and I will have an extra long Memorial Day weekend out of the deal. Also, our dollar is strong there so I hope to get in on some great shopping deals!

I have been Googling like mad to see if this lengthy travel could affect my LP and, so far, I haven’t found a thing about it. Most say that travel can delay O but that the LP should stay the same regardless. We shall see. If I am “late” I should know by Memorial Day (May 25). I return home on May 21, so I’ve decided not to even bring the cheapie HPTs because I promised myself that I would not test early. I will wait until 15DPO to POAS since my LP is consistently 14 days. And hopefully it’s true that travel has no effect upon the LP.

I don’t even think I will temp while I am gone because even though FF says traveling through a few time zones should only affect temps the first day after traveling, I am pretty sure that for a 17 hour time difference it will have a greater effect. Plus I know that I will be dog tired and I don’t want to have to get up at 4:45 a.m. just so I can have a pretty chart. I am way more interested in two pretty pink lines. And no about of temping will determine those (as I witnessed last cycle with high temps for the entire 2WW). So I will wait. At least I will be distracted by this trip. I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your trip! I hope that it helps the 2WW pass quicker. I'm interested to hear how you find not charting during the 2WW. After I made the decision to stop charting I felt instant relief.

    ReplyDelete