Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Raging PMS!



Oh, and one more thing about my doctor's visit from yesterday. The conversation went something like this:

DOCTOR: How was your PMS associated with your first menstrual cycle after your miscarriage?

ME: Awful, raging, I felt like a lunatic. I'm surprised my husband didn't leave me.

DOCTOR: Very, very normal. Your estrogen and progesterone are all out of whack right now, despite your hCG levels being zero, so it's completely normal to feel like you're spinning out of control. Did you feel like that?

ME: Totally! I knew that it was probably PMS because I was keeping track of how many days it had been since I passed the placenta. However, despite knowing that it was PMS, it didn't help my crazy mood swings and I felt powerless to control them.

DOCTOR: Yes, the body can be cruel. Remember, it's the hormones talking and it's completely okay to feel like that. Hopefully it will get better.

So there you have it. I have license to act like a raging, crazy mullet bear. It's the hormones talking, not me. I figure that YOUR PMS is also from hormones, whether or not you had a miscarriage lately. So I think we should all feel free to act like a raging, crazy mullet bears. BECAUSE WE CAN.

Just another public service announcement from yours truly.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment