Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Saturday, May 23, 2009

What a difference a day makes

I finally got a BFP today! On my OPK, that is. CD 43, 13 negative OPKs so far this cycle, 57 days since my last O. And it couldn't have come at a better time.

Yesterday, I went to the OB/GYN but was only able to be seen by the nurse practitioner because the doctors are booked up for two months. When I told her about my history of long, irregular cycles and my current cycle status, she told me I'd have to see the doctor and that she couldn't do anything for me because she doesn't deal with infertility. She said that since I'm irregular I'm not ovulating regularly and that although they usually tell people to try for a year, that would be a waste of time for me. I was glad she didn't just try to play it off and tell me to keep trying, but I was also surprised that she was so ready to label me infertile so soon. I made an appointment to see my regular OB/GYN in July, which was her first available appointment. For someone who is as impatient as I am, two months seems like an eternity. I went home feeling pretty defeated and cried to my husband.

Then, a few hours later I noticed EWCM and told him we had to BD! Just in case. Because I know pregnancy is less likely when you ovulate late, but it's still possible. I didn't use an OPK yesterday because I didn't have time. But this morning I POAS and it was finally positive. I POAS again when I woke up later, just for good measure. So now I'm just waiting, hoping my temps rise in the next few days.

Whether or not I get a BFP this cycle, I'll be happy that I ovulated at all. Actually, at this point I'd just be happy to see AF because it would mean a fresh start. I finally found my silver lining.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment