Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bring on the FWP!

Look! Look at what I just got!

That's a positive OPK, folks! I know it's just an ovulation test and not a BFP or anything else to get excited over, but after the debacle that was OPK testing last cycle, I was ridiculously happy to see that little smiley face!

I'm also incredibly glad that I decided to start OPK testing a day before I thought I really needed to, because otherwise I probably would have missed this completely. My temps were dropping suspiciously (I'm one of those women who gets a dip right before ovulation), so I thought I'd go ahead and waste a test, fully expecting it to be negative until at least tomorrow or the next day. But voila! Positive!

Since I seem to have a short LH surge, this means I will probably ovulate either tomorrow (CD11) or the next day (CD12), which then means my ovulation day will have moved up yet again - interesting, to say the least.

It also means that my grand plans for another entire week of FWP-ing have yet again been brought to a grinding halt, since my seven day gettin' busy plan for this cycle was scheduled to start tomorrow in order to cover all potential fertile days based on my past ovulation dates. Good thing we've already been working on an every-other-day schedule since Aunt Flo left town, eh? And now, how about one more look at that cheerful little face:

I love you, little smiley face!

And now if you'll excuse me, I need to go do a couple more victory laps around the house. Woohooooooooo!!!

1 comment:

  1. Woot! Time to get it on. You cycle is probably regulating after being off BC and such...looks like you're an early ovulator, which means...more chances to get PG, more often! And with your lengthening LP, you're gonna be text book 28 days! Good luck this cycle...my fingers and toes are crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete