Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Saturday, May 2, 2009

Blondiesaur Babbling

I have so many things going through my mind I think it might be easiest just to do a bullet point blog entry rather than trying to pick just one of the random pregnancy related things going through my head:

  • My 3rd and final beta came in at 2,655 @17DPO. Some people are trying to convince me those are twin numbers; I'm trying to ignore those suggestions.

  • I've got a blotchy rash on the back of my right hand, could be something pregnancy related or just another in a long line of randomly unidentifiable allergies for me.

  • My hair is greasy, ew. Normally I can wash my hair every other day, not so much now. Even when I loved grunge, I didn't love greasy hair, it's not a good look.

  • My IBS has flared up and I've got a bloat induced muffin top which leads me to my last point.

  • In the UK the Gap supposedly only carries maternity jeans up to a size US12. While these fit they are tight in my thighs. The woman tried to tell me I need a size UK18. I tried on a UK18 at a different chain store and they fell off. Thank you shop lady for giving me more qualms about my body I didn't need.


Monday is a holiday here and I don't have to work, so we've decided to take a mini-break to Loch Fyne, famous for oysters and mussels. Besides needing to make sure I have a swimsuit that fits (I have an obsession with swimming pools & my honeymoon bikinis wouldn't have fit before pregnancy anyway), I am very excited for an overnight away and some relaxing.

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about twins unless it runs in your family. There is no proven correlation between high betas and multiples. Usually the high beta just means that you have a really healthy pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my Grandmother says her mother had twins that didn't survive and a psychic told I'd have multiples; based on that I'm still not worried, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing, enjoy your mini break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really know what betas mean, but I hope whatever is inside you sticks and grows! One at a time is good, but two is ... probably twice the fun! Hee hee hee. :-)

    ReplyDelete