Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Friday, May 29, 2009

What's up, doc?

Because I am horribly impatient, I called my doctor's office first thing Tuesday morning to see if there had been any cancellations over the long weekend so I could get in to see her sooner than July. There weren't but the girl said she'd keep an eye out for me and let me know if anything opened up. She called me back the next day and told me there was a cancellation and she scheduled me for Thursday morning. So yesterday, I was able to see my actual OB/GYN to discuss my irregular cycles.

I explained to her pretty much exactly what I told the nurse practitioner and she said what the NP said - that if I'm not menstruating regularly, I'm also not ovulating regularly and it'll make it harder to time intercourse for conception. For now, she ordered lab work (I know, not CD3, but I wasn't thinking about it and forgot to ask) and I have to go back in July to discuss the results. She already mentioned Clomid for helping with ovulation. I'm definitely hoping not to go down that road just yet. If I'm not KU this cycle (I'm 6dpo right now), then I think I'll keep on with the vitex and maybe start acupuncture so that hopefully I'll O at a reasonable time the next couple cycles. (Or at least a few cycles from now, since I know it may take several months to be effective.)

I know it's a long shot (despite pretty good timing), but please send me some baby dust! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that Bibliosaur and I will be BFP buddies!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck photo! I'm glad you were able to get into see your doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Lots of BFP dust to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeek! BFP buddies would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete