Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, April 2, 2009

Random thoughts from a KU lady. . .

  • Generally speaking, I am extremely easy-going and laid back. Recently though, I have turned into the mad b!tch from hell. Seriously, I have been feeling random flashes of irritation and frustration that my poor Mr. Shopasaur simply has to endure. I know that moodiness is part of the pregnancy territory, but I honestly never thought it would happen to me. All of a sudden, I will start to feel angry and irritated at the smallest of things - - and the rational, logical side of me knows that I shouldn't be feeling this way, but I just can't help it! I sincerely hope for Mr. Shopasaur's sanity (& my own) that this is a passing phase. . .


Mr. Angry (for those who don't know)

  • Weight gain. Let's face the facts: once you become PG, you're going to gain weight. In the past, women were told to "eat for two"-- a myth that my doctor quickly dispelled when I had my first appointment after finding out I was KU. In fact, you only need to eat 300 or so calories extra a day . . . which is approximately equal to a tuna sandwhich, or if you are a junk food addict like me, a small bag of Famous Amous cookies. But seriously ... this is hard to do! I mean, can we (or I) help it if my baby craves cookies, ice cream and candy? Even though I have been indulging myself every night with some form of dessert, it continues to shock me when I go to the doctor & the numbers on the scale continue to steadily increase (Who me?! Snacking too much?! It can't be-- the baby must be growing too quickly!) At the rate I am going, I will have no problem hitting and possibly surpassing the suggested 25-35 weight gain guide. In fact, I'm 99% sure I've already passed 25 pounds. What can I say ... we Shopasaur's strive for the best (or the highest). We're "overachievers."



  • I mentioned my little name dilemna that we are experiencing. And for all you curious cats, we still cannot come up with a name for this little one. Looks like she'll be one of those babies that will be named once she's out of my belly. I sure hope inspiration hits us (and preferably sooner rather than later)!

[The latest update regarding the name game is that Mr. Shopasaur and I wrote down ALL possible names that we might like on separate sheets. We then compared our lists and crossed off names that we didn't care for. We narrowed the names down AGAIN and came up with Brooke, Addison, Harlow, Skylar, Reagan and Teagan. Feel free to share your opinions!]

Here's my lowdown on our names thus far:
Brooke : Mr. Shopasaur's favorite name. I liked it for awhile, but for some reason, the more time passes, it's starting to lose it's initial appeal. Not a good sign.

Addison: Love the name, but we are hesitant that it will become overly trendy and popular... especially with how popular Madison was. We don't want it to become the next Jaden/Aaden/Kayden/Brayden name.

Harlow: I.love.this.name. However, our last name begins with H and I'm not sure how I feel about the H.H. alliteration. Any thoughts?

Reagan: Pretty name, a little too presidential, but my main issue with Reagan is that it's very masculine sounding.

Teagan: It's Welsh (or Irish, depending on where you search) and it means beautiful or attractive. It's very unique though... possibly TOO unique? (i.e. unheard of and she will be teased for having such a weird name?)

Skylar: This is a relatively new name on our list-- we love it so far. We'll see how long it lasts. :)

  • The PG body is capable of miraculous things. I also previously mentioned that I was trying to be grateful for all pregnancy-related symptoms, but here are some I am struggling with.
The Linea Negra.
This 'symptom' is not bothersome to me in any way, shape or form, but seriously, what is it? And why must it be so ugly?


My boobs have started leaking. I realize this is a completely normal phenomenon, but ... my boobs are leaking. This is not fun.

And the rest of my "fun list of symptoms" include the normal-- backache, acid reflux/heartburn (Tums is quite possibly the greatest thing invented) and general uncomfortable-ness. I am rather aware that my state of uncomfortable-ness will only get worse as the weeks go by & so I am extremely thankful that it is tolerable right now.

One last thing--- I am running out of clothes to wear!!! I decided early on I would buy the least amount of clothes necessary to get me through these 9 months. Well, with two months left to go, it seems ridiculous to be buying new tops or pants (I'll never use them again, right?)-- but nothing fits! My tops -- and even t-shirts -- are now too short or too tight around the belly and my pants ... well, they simply don't fit any longer. Luckily Mr. Shopasaur convinced me to buy 2-3 pairs of pants to get me through the next 8 weeks. Ughhhn.

The joys of pregnancy!

1 comment:

  1. OK..... You are scaring me! Everything is cool now with me at 18 weeks...... But eeeeek, if this is what's ahead I'm not sure if I'm ready! Haha.

    On the names... I like Brooke the best! I agree with you on Reagan that it's also very much associated with THAT president. Another knottie know who doesn't post anymore named her baby Reagan. Not sure if I dig Harlow.... It's close to harlot. The HH doesn't bother me. DH's dad's name is HH. It sounds good sometimes. Teagan is kind of cool. I sort of dig it. But it is pretty out there! I say Brooke or Teagan! And if you go with Teagan, choose a regular sounding middle name!

    HTH!

    ReplyDelete