Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, April 16, 2009

If you like Piña Coladas...

Today my frenemy FF gave me crosshairs, which while it wasn't surprising is still nice to see. I started eating pineapple core on Tuesday just in case, so at least I'm not eating the chewiest, most tasteless part of a normally delicious fruit for nothing.

You might be thinking to yourself: pineapple core? Yes, pineapple core. There are many quirky things you can do while TTC that may or may not affect your success and eating pineapple core from the first day past ovulation to the 5th is one of them.


Supposedly pineapple is a great source of Bromelain, most of which is concentrated in the core. Bromelain is mainly known as an anti-inflammatory and digestion aide, but it's been suggested it can alter the uterine lining and also prevent clotting and therefore help implantation.

I have no idea if it works, but I know it can't hurt. While it's certainly not my most favorite way to enjoy pineapple, I'm willing to give anything a try. Cheers and let the 2ww begin!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I have never heard that about pineapple! But you are giving me a craving..... A yummy virgin pina colada would rock my world about now! Btw, welcome to Pregosaur. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we're trying pineapple this cycle too. Good thing I love it, but the core is not my favorite. We're gonna be making smoothies with it! Here's hoping it helps!

    ReplyDelete