Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Look who showed up!



The wait is over. On my drive home from work I felt strong cramping and lo and behold the Old Hag showed her face. She'll be traveling with us on our weekend getaway to CA. I plan to entice her with red wine and brie cheese, drown her with vodka martinis and stuff her with sushi. Hopefully that'll teach her to stay away next time!

It's really just as well. I am ready to put Cycle #2 behind us and move on. Initially we thought we'd TTA in May since that would mean potentially having an Aquarian child, which concerned us Sagittarian and Gemini parents-to-be. I know, silly right? We care more about the astrological sign of our phantom baby than his/her gender! Well, after talking it over today, we've decided our desire to get PG is greater than our desire not to live our lives as parents of an Aquarian. Afterall, there's no guarantee it will even happen next month anyway. So...

It's onto CD1 of Cycle #2. Things will be different this time. For one, I will not set today as CD1 on my CBEFM. According to the userguide, they ask that CD1 (m1) be the morning of the first red flow. Since my started this evening, tomorrow will be considered CD1(m1) on the CBEFM. Also, I will not temp during the 2WW. It's too stressful. I will not POAS unless I am past 14DPO (at least now I can be fairly confident that my LP is a consistent 14 days). Finally, Mr. Divasaur and I plan to FWP at least every other day between CD15 and CD25...that way if there's any question about my CH or the actual O date, we should be covered.

A gal on The Bump suggested I do the First Response Fertility Test on CD3 that looks for FSH levels. I don't think I can deal with the potential results at this point. So we'll go into Cycle #2 without that and then see. Mr. Divasaur has agreed to do the at-home sperm concentration test called Pre-Concieve Plus. He's agreed that it shouldn't be all on me to worry if my baby-making parts are up to par. I picked the test up for 50% at Walgreens and figured it would be worth a shot (no pun intended). At least we can potentially rule out one issue with that test.

Most of all, I think we're just going to chill a bit on this whole thing. I've decided we'll try until I get KU or 6 cycles, whichever comes first and then we'll see what the next step will be. Getting KU seems so easy on TV and in the movies. I have friends and family who never tried, it just happened, by surprise. But I am quickly learning that wanting to be PG and getting PG are two very different things. And I am definitely getting a dose of patience and learning to let go of that which I have no real control anyway. For that, I am grateful for the old hag's lesson today.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are only on Cycle 2 there is SO no need to test! It take on average 6 months to a year to conceive and you only have a 25% chance of getting PG each cycle in the best of circumstances.

    Enjoy your trip and don't worry too much about it all, you've only just begun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, hon, AF is a mean beoch! But on the other hand, I am sooooo jealous of all the red wine, brie cheese and sushi you are planning to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that AF came to town, but I think your attitude is great.

    I personally come from the hippy-crunchy camp of chilling out, and just letting nature take its course. I know that charting really helps some people, but I have made the conscious decision not to chart because I can see myself fixating on and obsessing about my charts.

    I hope that the next cycle brings you all you wish for!

    ReplyDelete