Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Monday, April 20, 2009

Surfing the crimson wave!


You know how women who live in a close quarters end up getting their menstrual cycles to sync?

Well, I gotta wonder if the hormones can cross the blogosphere and cause the same phenomenon. Because, just like Bibiliosaur and Divasaur, I'm just finishing up surfing the crimson wave.

Like Bibiliosaur, this is my first AF after our miscarriage in mid-March.

And YES, it was crampy and PAINFUL. Ibuprofen was my very, very close friend for about 3 full days. I coulda stretched it to 4 days, but I figured I should stop whining and toughen up a little.

For those who are reading this post/blog to get an idea of when they might expect their very own AF after their miscarriage, mine arrived 29 days after I naturally passed the placenta, but I only had just over 2 weeks of spotting-free time.

Incidentally, I've read somewhere that if you don't have 20 days of spotting-free time before getting your AF, then your AF doesn't count as a "true" AF. I don't know where I picked this up, to be honest. Anyone heard of this before, or am I truly losing my sanity?

That being said, I'm not concerned because we're not going to be TTC at this point. We're waiting to start TTC again until after my next AF, so we're waiting two full cycles. Which should put us in mid-to-end-of-May, when we're going on vacation (perfect timing!).

I have to admit, it's nice of AF to show up now and not later. Who would have thought that I could be so happy about AF rearing her ugly head!!? Topsy turvy, I know, but I don't think I could have handled the wait if she was going to stay away for months. For all of you ladies out there who are still waiting for her to show up, I'm sending lots of AF-inducing thoughts your way!

3 comments:

  1. Surfing the crimson wave is my all-time favorite euphemism for getting your period. Bless Cher Horowitz for introducing it into my vocabulary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised that AF wasn't that bad for me this time, especially considering I used to have the WORST (and I am not exaggerating) periods as a teen.

    But like you, I was so happy when AF arrived - never thought I'd say that!

    ReplyDelete