Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Second thoughts

I have decided against taking the baby aspirin even though my doctor has put it in the "might help, won't hurt" category for me. I have tons of spider veins and it has been recommended in the past but I never did it since they don't hurt and are more of a cosmetic concern than anything else. That said, I don't want to just play chemistry with my body. So I bought some, but have decided not to take it. And now I am not sure about the pineapple either.

I feel like I should just do what I always have done and see if we can get pg that way. DH and I actually had our first TTC spat because I have asked him not to consume alcohol the week I am ovulating and TTC. He flat out refused, told me I was asking for too much and then offered me a glass of wine so I would relax. Needless to say, I was pissed. His argument? Plenty of people have had a little wine (and worse) and gotten KU, no problem. Yeah, he's correct, but then again, it still makes me angry that I am making huge lifestyle changes for TTC and he cannot even do one little thing like lay off the wine and beer the week I am ovulating? We pretty much avoided each other the rest of the evening after that. I went to bed early (so I could actually get 8 hours of sleep) and he stayed up late studying for his final exams. We're going to have to broach the subject again today and hopefully discuss this like two, rational adults.

On another note, in 25 years of having my period I have never had one, then a week later, start bleeding again. This is a first and I am really not sure what is going on. AF started 2 weeks ago and lasted it's normal 5 days. I had some spotting on day CD6, also fairly normal for me. Then on CD9 we BD and I had some spotting afterwards. Just light pink on the TP and one small tinge of red in my CM the next day. Then nothing. CD10 I had some more spotting. Then nothing. CD12 we BD again and I had spotting again. Just traces of pink on the TP. Yesterday, CD13, a little more red. This morning, CD14, more red but not heavy enough to warrant a tampon. And just barely enough to show up pale pink on a pantyliner. WTF? No real cramping like when I have AF and just small tinges/pinching on my lower right side. The only real way I even know I am spotting is when I wipe after going to the bathroom. Could this be mittelschmerz and ovulation bleeding?

I am perplexed and a bit worried. As I have said, this is not normal for me. And it has never happened in the history of my menstrual cycles. I am thinking that body may still be regulating after coming of BCP, even though I was only on them for a year-and-a-half. This is my 4th cycle off.

Now I wonder if I'll even O this cycle. Only time will tell. I also wonder if I should make an appointment with my doctor. This isn't typical for me, but then again I do know that it's not out of the ordinary for women to have mid-cycle bleeding, especially after coming off BCP. So I am going to wait and see, which seems to be the running theme with all things TTC.



Edited to add:
Later this morning, there were some very small clots and more red blood warranting a tampon. Now I am little more worried and this definitely throws off our FWP EOD this week since DH is not into having sex when I am bleeding. If it doesn't subside tomorrow or the next day I am calling the doctor. Although according to much of what I have read, most doctors don't get too worried about something like this unless it lasts for weeks on end or occurs cycle after cycle.

1 comment:

  1. That is mysterious. I just wanted to add my acupuncturist and another naturopath and massage therapist have all said it would be helpful to NOT wear tampons. I know, gross, BUT you really need to work on shedding all the dead blood that inevitably gets built up - especially after prolonged use (12+ months) of BCPs. Just thought that might help. They also said to stay away from inverted positions (head stands, yoga poses, propping up your abdomen) and intercourse during your flow as well. The healthiest flow should be bright red blood with very little clotting or brown flow.

    ReplyDelete