Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Friday, April 17, 2009

Phew!

I met with my Doctor on March 30th to discuss where to go next after what was technically my 2nd m/c. She and I decided I should be referred on to gynaecology for further testing to figure out what is going on. She advised this could take anywhere up to 8 weeks unless I had private insurance and could go private (all health care is public and free here).

8 weeks is a long time to a Blondiesaur; actually anything more than a week is a long time to me! Luckily I have private insurance, but when I called I was disappointed to hear that you needed 3 m/c for them to cover it. I told the insurance handler, thanks but I'd rather he not send me out the paperwork just in case as I'm hoping not to have a 3rd.

So I waited to get a letter through the mail for my referral and waited and then waited some more until this Wednesday when I decided to call and check up. My Doctor's office said they send the referral on April 3rd (why wait 4 days?) and to call Gyno. So I called Gyno and the woman was very nice but told me she had no record of my appointment and on further inspection no record of my referral, but she had re-requested it from my Doctor.

This put me into panic mode. Does this mean I would now have to wait 8 weeks from now or 8 weeks for the 1st missing referral? So I made sure to call back on Thursday and make sure the referral has arrived.


I call Gyno, who says they actually aren't the right department and they forward me to the Pre-Pregnancy Clinic who are amazing! Not only do I have an appointment for April 30th, but I could have had one on Tuesday if I didn't have work commitments.

April 30th is actually perfect because I will be 17DPO and will know one way or the other what has happened with this cycle. Phew! One less thing to stress about in the 2ww!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for telling me about this page! It's very insightful to read about everyone's experiences here. Good luck with the pineapple core eating. Maybe you can blend it into a yummy BFP-producing smoothie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you got an appointment so quickly!! I live in Canada and we also have free universal healthcare. I feel very lucky to have it, to be honest! Medical bills in the States sure do seem to wrack up quickly.

    ReplyDelete