Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Where has the time gone?!

I received my BFP sometime back in September . . . completely freaked me out, but May seemed like it was eons away. I was vaguely aware of my changing body; hated the fact that I was packing on the pounds like it was nobody's business; until around 6 weeks ago when I hit the big 3-0 (weeks that is, not years). Suddenly my little "bump" was not so little anymore, and none of my clothes seemed to be long enough to cover.

I'll be 36 weeks on Thursday, but today is particularly important because I have exactly ONE.MONTH until little shopasaur's expected date of arrival. Granted, babies come when they like, but it seems so huge to me, to see it on a calendar, that we at most have a month left.

All of my pregnancy related emails (babycenter, fitpregnancy, whattoexpect) are sending me emails about packing my hospital bag, preparing for labor, being able to distinguish between Braxton Hicks and real contractions--- scary!!!

Not wanting to be completely unprepared, I just started putting things away in my "hospital bag."

Here are some lists you may find helpful:
1
2
3
4

Generally, they all list the same things, but some include/exclude little items that may be helpful (I wouldn't personally know yet!). It seems to depend on what type of delivery you have (C-section versus natural) and if you have any specifications on your birth plan (water birth, etc).

9 months (or 10, if you divide 40 weeks by 4) is a LONG time. I was aware that we were getting closer once we started shopping around for different pediatricians, once Mr. Shopasaur tackled putting the carseat into his truck, after 2 baby showers ...

but packing the hospital bag just makes it that much more REAL. Yikes. In fact, in 4 short days I will begin weekly appointments with my doctor, at which point she will begin doing internal exams to see how dilated/effaced I am (yuck, not looking forward to THAT).

Will update then . . .

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I will come back and read those lists in...... 12 weeks. Eeeeek! I just started my 23rd week. Insanity! So excited for your birth day coming up!

    ReplyDelete