Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Waiting . . .


It seems that everything PG-related involves waiting. Although Mr. Shopasaur and I did not TTC, from what I've read, you have to get off of BC, then begin charting. Once you begin charting you wait to ovulate. After ovulation and FWP (hehe), you then have a 2WW (2 week wait for those who are TTC-stupid like me!) to find out if you have a BFP.

Once you get your BFP (if you do get one), you typically wait 8-12 weeks before seeing a doctor. Most doctors don't see a PG lady until they are about 8-12 weeks along. After confirming the pregnancy and finding out if the little one is viable and healthy, you wait again for the "big" ultrasound-- at about 20 weeks.

After 20 weeks, you wait. And wait. And wait. Until your little one is ready to pop out. Actually, there are little milestones within the 40 weeks of pregnancy. After 20 weeks, you wait for 24 weeks, which is "V-day" on thebump, or viability day-- the day that your little one's chance of viability outside of the womb increases dramatically. (This doesn't say anything about the actual quality of life your little one will have, but the chances of them surviving goes up drastically.)

At around 28-32 weeks (depending on your doctor), you go to bi-weekly appointments and at around 36 weeks, weekly appointments.

Well. I'll be at 34 weeks soon and I am not a patient person. Waiting is not fun. Preparing for a baby, yes, is fun. [The clothes are just TOO cute!] But being huge and uncomfortable and knowing that I still have 6 weeks ahead of me is not the most exciting thought. I read somewhere that pregnancy actually lasts 8 months and 2 years because the last month is so long and just seems to draaaaaaag on to no avail.

While I am futless and uncomfortable, I would like to make it clear that I would like my little one to cook inside of me as long as she needs to so that once she's out she is happy and healthy. Afterall . . . if I've gone 34 weeks with her cooking, what's 6 more, right? RIGHT??

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Great post. You took the words right out of my mouth! After reading about Divasaur's 2ww it made me think... Wow, if you think that wait is long, try waiting for your 1st OB appt! Then waiting to hear the heartbeat! Then waiting to get out of the 1st Trimester! Then waiting for results from all the tests that you have. Then waiting FOUR WEEKS between appointments to hear the heartbeat again! Then waiting to find out the sex! I swear, that 2ww is really just initiation for what is to come. TEN MONTHS OF WAITING! Speaking of, tomorrow I am officially at the half-way point. Whoooeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Politisaur! Doesn't it feel HUGE to be at the half-way mark?! For some reason I was looking forward to it so much. Then I started to look forward to the 30 week mark--- that one took a LONG time to get to. 2nd tri seemed like it just went on and on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impatient all the waiting is going to kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, you're almost there! YOU CAN DO IT! :o)

    ReplyDelete