Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Round Two

Today I officially began a new chart. It doesn't seem like a big deal - it's just one dot on a form, right?

But you see, this is THE cycle. The one where Round Two begins - the one when we can start trying to conceive again. I never thought I could be happy for Aunt Flo to arrive, but it was enough to put a smile on my face, even in the midst of my throat infection-induced stupor (hence the illness and amoxicillin notes on my chart, in case you were wondering).

Mr Bibliosaur and I were initially hesitant about TTC again this cycle, but after a little discussion decided that we were both emotionally ready and also figured there was no real point in postponing - after all, there's no guarantee that we'll be successful this month, but we might as well give it a shot anyway.


I'm simultaneously excited and terrified. Like Legalosaur, I'm terrified that I could miscarry again, and I honestly don't know how I could cope with that; I've said before that one of the worst parts of miscarrying is the loss of "innocence" that goes along with it - you will never feel so carefree about a pregnancy again because you've experienced the worst that can happen, and that's a large part of the fear. But I'm excited because we're eager to try again, and because this is something we want more than anything.

Whatever happens, this month is sure to be an emotional ride...wish us luck!

5 comments:

  1. The good thing is that statistically repeat m/c are VERY rare. It is sad that we have to go about TTC will trepidation rather than anticipation and excitement though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GL this cycle! and with getting rid of that nasty infection :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you baby dust and good thoughts for this cycle! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I wish you LOTS of luck.

    I agree with you, the loss of innocence is one of the worst parts of miscarrying. I mourn the fact that I will never truly have a happy, carefree pregnancy ever again. I will always be worried that something will go wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I hope this is the ONE for you guys!

    ReplyDelete