Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Twenty-Two Weeks



Today I am twenty-two weeks pregnant. It's also my second wedding annversary! So there's lots to celebrate! Mr. Divasaur and I have been a couple for eight years, but only husband and wife for two. We figured it was time to make it official and headed to Kauai with 21 of our clsoest friends for a destination wedding. It was incredible.


In the two years we've been married, we've certainly been through a lot! A major car accident right after our honeymoon, my launch of an event planning business, a sick mother-in-law, our decision to move cross-country to be closer to her, finding a job so we could relocate, closing my new business, moving to a new city, starting new careers, more issues with sick parents, my mom moving out and living with us, my many travels for work, his fulltime nursing school schedule, deciding to TTC, getting pregnant and now, expecting a daughter! WHEW! What a whirlwind! But there's no other person in this world with whom I'd rather be traveling this path. I love my husband more and more with each passing day. He's my best friend, my confidant, my lover, my rock, my everything. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without him. And now, that we're on the precipice of becoming parents, I know that his love and respect for me will spill over into his parenting. He's already an amazing father and she's not even here yet!

Speaking of our little girl, she's growing! I swear, I have popped again! My belly is fuller, rounder and firmer...almost over night. It's only been a couple of days since I felt her moving around in there, but she must be renovating and looking for more spacious digs! I'll have my hubby snap a pic before we head out to our celebration dinner and post it later.


For now, according to BabyCenter, here's what happening with Libby J:

How your baby's growing: At 11 inches and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.






2 comments: