Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Nineteen Weeks

Here I am, at week nineteen:



Not a whole lot different from last week! This Friday is the BIG ULTRASOUND! I am nervous and excited all at once. Mr. Divasaur will be there as will Grandma Divasaur...we're all anxious to sneak a peak at the Little Being. Wonder if we'll see something like this?



image source

Can you imagine going to an ultrasound and actually seeing a piece of fruit! LOL! Seriously, I am plugging right along in this pregnancy. I find that I have to take breaks if I am out shopping or else I feel pretty tired. And I am never without my trusty water bottle! Or too far from a restroom.

We continue to get ready for baby...last weekend I covered a lampshade to go with our color scheme and brighten up my old, antique nursery lamp. Mr. Divasaur has reorganized the garage (where he also found said lamp) so we have space to store furniture that will need to go out there in order to accommodate furniture for baby in our office/nursery. Next year we hope to buy a home, but for now, we're making our 3 bedroom/1 bathroom home work for us, the baby and my mom. Oh yeah and four dogs (2 chihuahuas and 2 pugs) and a cat! It's cozy to say the least! All we need now before baby arrives is our car seat with two bases (one for each car) and our cloth diaper stash. So I am feeling good. We have 22 weeks to work all of that out!

I know the time will fly! I can hardly believe that it's already September 8th! I am off to Great Britain next week and then, four weeks after that I am off to Nashville for ten days. Before I know it, it will be November, I am sure! And then? My 35th birthday! Never in a million years did I imagine I'd be celebrating that milestone pregnant and expecting my first child! Ten years ago I was sure that I'd be in some metropolis taking the stage in a big opera house. Thirty-five was my "cut-off year"...if I didn't make my Metropolitan Opera debut by then, I'd give up the bohemian life. Well, flash forward...while technically, I have sung upon the stage of the Met (as a National Semifinalist in their annual competition) it's not quite what I had in mind (Tosca or Leonora is more like it!) and my "cut-off year" was actually 32 because I was tired of the bohemian lifestyle.

So here I am...a married gal living in the midwest or midsouth (I am never quite sure about that one) with a regular, nine-to-five job and a baby on the way. And I am just thrilled! Someday our Little Being will watch videos of mommy and daddy in weird costumes singing really loudly in foreign languages. For now, we're singing lullabies and nursery rhymes in soft tones. And we cannot wait to see if our Little Being has any musical talent...maybe the tuba? Or accordion? Although Daddy would prefer the cello or piano. Who knows?! We shall see.

For now, here's what's happening with our Little Being, according to BabyCenter:


image source

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment