Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Sunday, August 9, 2009

What I've been up to

We're headed quickly toward the 8 week mark...I'll hit that on Wednesday. And with every day that goes by without incident, I feel more and more confident of this pregnancy. I'm beginning to truly revel in the fact that I am pregnant, and that Mr. Citysaur and I are going to have a baby!



The exhaustion is still with me, full force. I toss and turn all night, and I'm now regularly waking up at least once a night to go the bathroom - usually around 3 or 4 AM. I'm not working out like I used to because I just don't feel up to it when the alarm goes off at 5:30 in the morning, and by the time I get home from work, I don't have enough gas left in the tank to conquer a workout. I'm hoping that'll change in a few weeks - really counting on that 2nd trimester energy boost! On a positive note, I haven't really had to deal with morning sickness or much nausea to speak of - and I'm very thankful for that!

Last Saturday, Mr. Citysaur and I tackled the task of cleaning out our spare room. It had become a storage room for all our leftover wedding items (we just got married last December), and other various and sundry items. We cleaned out all the miscelleanous items, donating and recycling what we could. I moved a small bookcase into the room and loaded it with all my children's books and a few display items. Now the room is ready to be turned into a nursery!

We've already picked out a theme for the nursery. Back in college, I collected M&Ms memorabilia, and that's what I decorated my dorm room (and later apartment bedroom) with. I've saved all those items (everything from plush M&Ms to a wall clock to all sorts of candy dispensers, and more), and we thought it would be perfect for a baby's room! Nice bright colors, and will work for either a boy or a girl!
We spent this weekend "babysitting" my stepdad. My mom really wanted to travel out of town to see her parents, but couldn't leave my father alone (for those of you who are just joining us, he has terminal lung cancer). They only live 30 minutes away, so Mr. Citysaur and I packed our bags, brought along our dogs, and have been enjoying a nice little sleepover at my parents' house. It's been a great weekend, full of lots of fun, a few chores, and me making sure both my "boys" got fed plenty of good things to eat. Of course, the baby and I also had plenty to eat as well. As a bonus, we also got to get my storage tub of M&Ms stuff down from their shed, and we'll be taking it home with us today. I can't wait to start setting up that nursery!

All in all, it's been a pretty good couple of weeks. There have been some emotional ups and downs, but as I sit here and type this out, I am in a very good place. Still can't wait for our next appointment on the 18th! That will also be our first appointment with a midwife at the new practice we've chosen. More about that in another entry...

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment