Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Houston, We Have A Problem!

I'm having an issue. I can't seem to get started. Mr. Rockasaur and I were doing great with the whole TTC journey before the accident. Since then if it isn't one thing, it's another. And it's all getting in our way. We have only had a couple of "on" months since February. Then just when I thought we were good to go again, I get another bomb shell dropped on me.
The latest bombshell is doozy. Starting next week...

Do you see the issue? I'm not sure yet, but I imagine that try to conceive a child will be an issue when we will be living over three hours away from each other. Yes, that's right. DH is moving out.

No, no, no. We're not having martial problems. Quite the opposite, actually! We've been very happy lately. But that's besides the point. The point is, after several months of unemployment Mr. Rockasaur got a job! Unfortunately, that job is in Burbank. Which is near Los Angeles. Which is three hours away from where we live now. And it starts next week.

I'm stuck in San Diego for several reasons. 1) I'm still undergoing treatment for my arm, which will most likely mean surgery sooner or later. 2) In theory I still have my job. A job I love and adore. 3) Mr. Rockasaur will be living in a 17 foot trailer in an RV park, and there is no room for me. :(
Also, we won't know for another two months if this job is going to be long term or short term. For all we know, Mr. Rockasaur will be back here in three months, once again unemployed. Now, this isn't a huge deal. In the industry he (we) work in it's very common to be "unemployed" (we like to use the term "on hiatus", though) for at least 3 months a year. It just means we won't know if his next job will be in San Diego or in Los Angeles. It's a gamble we're not ready to make yet.

So, for now, we will live apart. I hate this thought, but I know professionally it's for the best. Then, in two months if we find out the job is going to be long term, we will start looking for a house in Los Angeles/San Bernardino/Ventura/Wherever and probably move up there in 6-8 months. That means we have, potentially, 6-8 months where we will be living apart.

Now, I don't intend on NOT TTC for 6-8 months! Oh no! I've waited and have been trying for too long for that! We can financially afford a child now more than ever and I am not letting that get by me. If it means having to drive 3 hours in the middle of the night to BD on my most fertile days I will do it! But it does mean we will TTA for a couple of month. My main reason for TTA now is that I can't imagine moving and switching care givers in my third trimester, especially since we are planning a home birth (assuming my pregnancy is considered low risk) and trying to find a Midwife I am comfortable while in the third tri is not something I want to be worrying about.
And so I'm out. And out. And out. I think you could call this "failure to launch". We just can't seem to get started. I'm the worst Pregosaur ever! But since I keep "prepping" myself for pregnancy I will just keep doing what I've been doing. Reading books, collecting baby items, spoiling my soon-to-be-born nephew, and keeping working on a healthy body so that when the time comes- we'll REALLY be ready to go! And I'll share that with you along the way. :)

1 comment:

  1. Eek! At least DH has a gig for now (being a professional musician and married to one I know all about the "hiatus" situation too)...the good news? You're only fertile for a small window each month, so if you're tracking your cycle, you can plan a little rendezvous for some BMS! I'd say find a nice hotel/B&B in "the middle" and make a plan to meet up there during your fertile window. You can do it!