Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Saturday, August 22, 2009

Telling the family

For my last pregnancy, Mr Bibliosaur and I decided not to tell anyone - not even our parents - until 8 or 9 weeks. That didn't work out so well. The only thing worse than having to tell your parents that you miscarried is having to tell them that they were going to be grandparents...but not anymore. Those were the most heartbreaking conversations I have ever had in my entire life. So this time around, Mr Bibliosaur and I decided to tell our families immediately - the general public will have to wait, but our parents and siblings know now.

Yesterday we went out to dinner to celebrate Mr Bibliosaur's father's birthday, so we took the opportunity to tell his parents then - his mother was so happy she started crying in the restaurant, and his dad hugged me and said that we'd given him the best birthday present ever.

My family was a little trickier - we live in Australia and they're all in the USA, so a face to face conversation was out. The phone was the next option, but honestly, I'm feeling pretty emotionally overwhelmed right now and I just didn't think I could have that conversation five times in a row without completely breaking down. So I opted for email - less personal, I know, but it's how we communicate 99% of the time anyway so I hoped they wouldn't mind.

We love our pets to a ridiculous degree, so I decided to enlist their help to announce the good news:

What do you think? Pretty goofy, I know!

11 comments:

  1. Super cute! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I'm bawling... SO CUTE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Let us know what your family's reactions! Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! This looks like something I would do, if only our family were computer savvy. :P Yes, please let us know how it goes over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - this is a fab idea. TOTALLY made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! What a great idea.

    *Blessed*

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I am glad that you decided to spill the beans this time...what a creative way to do it! You'll definitely have to print that out for the baby book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is awesome. Great idea and your fur babies are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not goofy at all. I love it. I hope you share their reactions!!

    ReplyDelete