Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Charting angst

So this is my second cycle after going off BCP and it has been interesting. Until a few days ago, everything seemed on target for me to O on CD17, just like last month. And for a couple of days all signs pointed to O on CD17...increased CM, temp drop, followed by two high temps. Then...not as expected...my temps fell.

And then, today, FF moved my CH (cross hairs) to CD 22 as O. Which makes sense with the temps, but my CM doesn't add up. So...not only have I O'd 5 days later than my last cycle, but my fertile CM was WAY before O. And if my LP is 14 days this cycle, I am looking at a 38 day cycle, which is mildly depressing, since cycles longer than 35 days can be problematic for baby making. Of course, this is only my second cycle off BCP, so I am trying not to panic.

And I wonder what could have contributed to delayed O. Longer hours at work? I worked 9-10 hour days all last week. More rigorous exercise? I overdid it a bit at the end of February... stalling my weight loss and now, possibly ovulation! I will never really know. Next cycle should at least point out a direction...if it's back to CD17 and 31 days or if it continues to get longer then I'll have more to go on in terms of being worried or not. As soon as AF comes and I am onto Cycle 3 I will initiate my CBEFM. Using it, along with charting, I hope to get a better sense of my fertile window.

Oh how I wish we could just make the decision to TTC and then "see what happens." But with my travel obligations in 2010 for work, there is a small window to have a baby in 2010. Either we get KU this summer or we delay TTC until August 2010. So...the pressure's on a bit. Of course the stress of this pressure could muck the whole thing up! As we near summer 2009 I hope to relax a bit and just enjoy the process. Will it be possible? I hope so.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment