Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Saturday, March 28, 2009

Time to FWP!

Initially, I didn't want to chart. I didn't want to stress about it. But after reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility on the recommendation of the Pregosaurs and others, I decided that it would be a good idea. I wanted to know whether or not I was even ovulating. And I figure if I don't get KU within a reasonable amount of time, I'll have good information to take with me to my OB/GYN to figure out why.

So I started to temp this month, on CD11. This is only my second cycle off birth control so I had no idea what my cycles were going to look like. My first cycle was 31 days if you start from the day I should have gotten my period on my last pill pack. But I didn't actually bleed because when I was on the pill I only bled about every other month. Still, I thought this cycle would be similar. So when I got 7 negative OPKs between CD14 and CD20 and no temp shift, I started to get frustrated. And I've been staring at my stupid chart for days, wondering if and when I Od. I wondered if my temps were just off because I work night shift and wake up at a different time EVERY day. And I started wondering if something was wrong with me. Exactly what I didn't want to happen and why I didn't want to chart in the first place.

But today, things changed. I got true EWCM so I tested again and I got a positive OPK! Time to FWP! Had I not charted and had I not read TCOYF, I would have had no idea that I was about to O on CD30+! I would have probably assumed I already Od and I'd be wondering why I wasn't getting my period and getting negative HPTs. Thank you, ladies, for opening my eyes and my mind. I've learned so much! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Good for you for learning about your body's fertility signs. Do it to it now that it's prime time. Sending you tons of baby dust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YA! Sending you tons of baby dust!

    ReplyDelete