Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Saturday, March 14, 2009

Things I've learned while being KU

I'm going to begin blogging by giving a little background info. about Mr. Shopasaur, myself and little shopasaur. First of all, unlike the rest of the lovely ladies of pregosaur, we were not in any way, shape or form TTC. (aka we were not FWP-- did I get that right??) I just so happened to miss a period one month, POAS and got a BFP. Needless to say, Mr. Shopasaur and I were shocked, excited, scared, nervous... pretty much just freaked out. However, we've had 29 wonderful weeks to get over the initial shock and I'd say by now Mr. Shopasaur is rather excited and I am ... excited to be finished with this pregnancy.

Not that I've had it all that bad, really, considering:
- I had no signs of MS
- No cramping
- No bleeding
- No majorly insane stretch marks yet (knocks on wood)

BUT. It's not like pregnancy is enjoyable for me.
Here are a few things I've learned in the past 29 weeks:

1. Pregnancy is actually based on 40 weeks, which if you (like most people do) divide a month into 4 weeks, would make someone pregnant for TEN MONTHS instead of 9. Therefore, when you turn "20 weeks" & someone asks you how far along you are, you can go ahead and answer "5 months," but that would only be correct if you're going by the fact that you're pregnant for 10 months. This is a good website I've used to calculate weeks --- > months. (Right now I'm 29 weeks and it says I'm 6.6 months along)

2. I had no idea that you could gain so much weight in so little time.

3. For some reason, people who are around pregnant ladies lose the censor that they usually have in a normal conversation. For instance, a classmate of mine looked at me and said "So... do you still have ankles?" to which I responded, "Um... pretty sure I still do" and he replied, "Well, you won't much longer. They're bound to disappear." Great.

Another instance: a co-worker began telling me all about the time his wife's water broke and compared it to the texture of PURELL. Yes, PURELL. W.T.F.

4. People name their kids really strange names. And because being 'unique' is so important in this day and age, many people like to make up names, or change perfectly spelled names to create things like "Madysyn" or "Alivia."

5. Mr. Shopasaur would like to add that he has learned that it is extremely important to be patient around a pregnant woman. I blame it on the hormones. :)

6. Having a baby is extremely expensive.

7. Lastly, it's turned our life upside down. We used to be a bar-hopping, beer drinking couple on the weekends who now cannot stay awake past 10pm. We no longer buy as much for ourselves, (like clothes, or handbags . . . although Mr. Shopasaur did splurge and bought me a rather fabulous diaper bag the other day) but rather think about baby necessities like diapers, strollers and cribs. Basically it's completely changed our lives. . .

1 comment:

  1. #7 will be the hardest for me... I am not really showing yet, and with my 2nd Tri energy, DH and I actually went out both Friday and Saturday nights this weekend... Even to a club on Saturday for a birthday shindig! I sipped on club soda and marveled at how my nearly 16-week belly was still pretty much invisible to most people. But I know this will not last.... Boo!

    ReplyDelete