Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Monday, March 2, 2009

One GREAT thing about being KTFU

Went maternity clothing shopping for the first time today. And all I can say is... Goodbye 34B. HELLO 36C!

Seriously.

And my new bra from Spanx is soooo comfortable I am hoping I'll get to keep this size for a while longer. Bra-llelujah!

First stop: A Pea in a Pod. Fabulous clothing! Yummy! But, oh my goodness, watch your wallet! I tried on some designer jeans that you, um, pull up. Love it.

Also tried on some adorable kelly green dresses and tried to talk my shopping gal pal into letting me splurge $125 on a particular knock-out of a dress... She said no, I'd get bigger and it might not fit and did I really want to spend $125 on a dress for a few months? Good friend.

Purchases: One adorable v-neck red tee with rucheting on the sides, $42. One fabulous new bra for my new bust, $62.

Next stop: Motherhood Maternity. Cute clothing! Not quite as cute as Pea in a Pod but OMG soooo much more affordable. Plus, they size the clothing large so that I fit the size Small without a problem, therefore making me happy and in a mood to buy stuff.

The only downside is that their pants all have bubble butt. Seriously, is my butt supposed to get as big as my belly? I do not understand these kinds of pants! Too bad, because the pants at this store were MUCH cheaper, like $30 vs. $200.

Purchases: One super cute lavender pleated top with a tie around the bust to show off my soon-to-be belly, $35. One bright fushia pink cotton tee with rucheting on the sides, $25. One super classy, very comfortable black dress for work or cocktail parties, $30. Three comfy spandex tank tops to wear to bed (these growing ladies HURT) or under tops and over my undone pants, $15 each. Package of maternity thong undies that turned out to be way too big, $11.

Also tried on but did not buy this lavender top, this cute grey tee, this nice navy top and this breezy pink summer dress and this beaded red dress.

Whew. What a day! I am wiped out! But I can't wait to wear that new bra tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Have you checked out the Liz Lange line at Target yet? Looks like they have some cute stuff and it's probably really affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I have heard about the Target maternity clothes but have not checked them out yet. I'll probably need stuff (pants) in a month, so I'll definitely hit Target! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete