Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Friday, March 6, 2009

So I peed on a stick this morning...

...and I am totally knocked up:
Mr. Bibliosaur and I are beyond thrilled, but also a little in shock - my chart was looking promising, but this was my first cycle off birth control and I hadn't even had a period yet!
click on image for a larger view

A brief rundown through those symptoms listed at the bottom of the chart, since a lot of women like to know...

Cramps - I have a hard time calling this cramps, but Fertility Friend doesn't offer a second option. They're not severe, mind numbing cramps, more like twinges in my lower abdomen.

Bloated - oh yes. Yes yes. I first ticked this when I noticed that I couldn't suck in my flab as well as I usually can - my stomach was too bloated, even though it's probably not terribly visible.

Gassy - traditionally, pregnant women fart a lot. I burp. All.the.time. It's disgusting, but I can't help it. But hey, gas is gas, and it doesn't really matter which end it's coming from.

Fatigue - this first kicked in on about DPO12. Some days are worse than others, but I generally just feel rundown and tired even if I've gotten a full night's sleep.

Diarrhea - OK, this is a tricky one. I suspect that I had the stomach flu for a few days (hence the feverish temp where it looks like I burst into a ball of flame), but the strange thing was that the rest of me felt fine. Absolutely fine. Constipation is the usual sign of pregnancy, but I did find this discussion, and this one, so I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Heartburn - not, as Juno says, down to my knees, but persistently present nonetheless, especially in the afternoons.

Nausea - this is another one that I have a hard time using the word supplied by Fertility Friend. I've never felt on the point of actually vomiting, just...queasy. Unsettled in my stomach.

Frequent Urination - I don't know WTF is up with this, since I thought it wasn't supposed to be an issue until late in a pregnancy, but since DPO13 I've had to go like once an hour. Weird.

I'm so happy and excited! I keep looking at the photos, just to make sure I'm not dreaming.
I know there's so much to think about and start planning now, but for the moment we're just going to bask in happiness - today is a fabulous day!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment