Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Tuesday, March 3, 2009

2 week wait

Chocosaur briefly mentioned the agony of the 2WW before - and I'm here to tell you, she's not lying. I'm right at the end of a wait right now, which means that in the next few days I'm either going to find out that I'm knocked up, or Aunt Flo will arrive.

My chart is looking pretty good - a nice dip, still just above the red coverline, possibly from implantation, followed by steadily rising temperatures (unusual for me since as you can see, I'm an erratic temp-er).
But I've seen similar charts that still resulted in a big.fat.negative., so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I've also banned myself from using a pregnancy test for the next three days, simply because my cycle isn't regular. It averages 30 days but can run anywhere from 26-39 days, so really my period could arrive anytime in the next 3-4 days - I don't want to take a test just to be disappointed by a negative and then see Aunt Flo turn up two days later. So I'm erring on the side of caution, even though any result after 12DPO is usually an accurate one.

It also doesn't help that early pregnancy signs are so generic. Sure, cramps, tender boobs, irritability and fatigue could be a sign of pregnancy. They could also be a sign that you're about to get your period. And it further doesn't help that when you're looking for these things, you become so finely attuned to the slightest twinge or spasm, even the little ones you'd probably ignore if you weren't TTC.

All of this said, I have to say: I'm not nearly as composed as I'm making out to be. I never thought I'd get this anxious about it, especially after only one month of trying!

Wish me luck...I'll let you know what happens in a couple days!

1 comment:

  1. You think the 2ww wait is hard... Wait until you get a BFP and you have to wait 2 MONTHS until you can tell anyone or until you know its viable! Bwahahaha. And then you have to wait WEEKS until your first appointment... or the next appointment... Bwahahahaha. And then wait the rest of your pregnancy to see if you'll deliver a healthy babe... The waiting does not go away after the dreadd 2ww! Just sayin... :-)

    ReplyDelete