Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Saturday, July 18, 2009

One quarter of the way there!

Today I am officially 10 weeks. That's right, one quarter of the way there! This is HUGELY exciting for me. Double digits people, I'm pumped.

I'm going based on how far along our ultrasounds said we were, not my due date based on the date of my last menstrual period. If I went with my LMP, I'd still be in the 9th week. But it sounds so much better to me to be in the 10th week, so here I am.

Here's a little excerpt from Babycenter about what the 10th week brings:

Though he's barely the size of a kumquat — a little over an inch or so long, crown to bottom — and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce, your baby has now completed the most critical portion of his development. This is the beginning of the so-called fetal period, a time when the tissues and organs in his body rapidly grow and mature.

He's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including his kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) — are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout your pregnancy.

If you could take a peek inside your womb, you'd spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin.

In other developments: Your baby's limbs can bend now. His hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. The outline of his spine is clearly visible through translucent skin, and spinal nerves are beginning to stretch out from his spinal cord. Your baby's forehead temporarily bulges with his developing brain and sits very high on his head, which measures half the length of his body. From crown to rump, he's about 1 1/4 inches long. In the coming weeks, your baby will again double in size — to nearly 3 inches.

OMG, it feels so surreal to think that there's this little being inside of me, who's dancing and swallowing and has fuzzy hair already!

Overall, I'm feeling fairly good. My pregnancy to this point has not been terribly hard, but it hasn't really been a bed of roses either. Maybe roses with some thorns. *lol*

My all-day sickness (I refuse to call it morning sickness, because it really is with me all frickin' day!) is pretty much constantly present. The only time I don't feel ill is, surprisingly, when I first get up in the morning. I'm able to eat my oatmeal or cereal without any problem, and even down a glass of orange-peach-mango juice (LOVE IT!). But after eating, I feel nauseated and it sticks with me.

The worst time of day for me for my all-day sickness is late afternoon and into the evening. I pretty much cannot eat anything for dinner, because my food aversions make it impossible for me even think about food without gagging or vomiting. So, I just try to eat more of my food earlier in the day, and eat pretty lightly or not at all in the evening. The one thing I seem to be able to have all the time without being sick is ginger ale. But it has to be Canada Dry brand. Schweppes makes me SICK! Odd, huh?

I am finding the fatigue comes and goes now. Some evenings I can stay up until 10 pm with a few yawns. Other days, I am in bed at 8pm and still not ready to get up for work in the morning. But I'm having really fatigued days only about half of the time, compared to every single day a couple of weeks ago.

Since our BFP and especially more after our bleeding scare that ended us up in the ER, Mr. Legalosaur and I have not been interested in having marital relations due to fear that we could cause a miscarriage. Of course, we wanted to several times, but the fear always held us back. However, last night we took the plunge for the first time since getting our BFP and had sex. I have missed that closeness with him. And, so far, there's been no bleeding or spotting and I'm so glad for that. We were very gentle and I think that must have helped. I hope that this will become more regular for the rest of this pregnancy.

And, finally, I have allowed myself to do some SHOPPING for the baby! I figure I held off shopping with our last pregnancy for fear of jinxing it, and that didn't really help since we miscarried anyways. So this time I've been keeping my eyeballs peeled for good deals and I've been taking the plunge. So far I've bought some clothes, a nursing pillow, a sleep sack, a pearl-white knitted blanket, a bathtime baby support, 10 cloth diapers aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand (the biggest purchase and the one I'm most excited about!!) a gently used Phil & Ted's Vibe stroller with the doubles kit for 50% off retail from Kijiji!

And despite my feeling more upbeat about this pregnancy these days and starting to get excited, I still don't feel like sharing so I haven't told anyone else that we're expecting. My parents and sister still don't know, but I still just don't feel like it's the right time to tell them, not yet...

So, that's it for me and my update! I have a doctors appointment next Monday - it's my first prenatal appointment at 11 weeks and 2 days. Let's hope the Doppler works for us!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment