Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Monday, August 15, 2011

We're "normal"

I've been a bad bad blogger. I'm sorry about that and I feel bad for not keeping you posted on our journey, because maybe you can relate, and maybe my words can bring you comfort.

It's been two months since we started testing and seeing more doctors to get the help we need in order to bring home the baby we so desire. It's been a rough summer for me. I've had a hard time dealing with the testing and the results all come back as normal.... which is great! Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful that things are coming up as such, but it doesn't help the level of frustration I feel.

Our Reproductive Endocrinologist is awesome! I am so thankful to be working with her. Her office is quick to call back, answer my questions and everyone is so kind which makes meeting with many doctors and nurses so much easier.

It is hard to not think about what we did to deserve to be going through something like this and it is even more difficult when people you start talking about this with respond with "it will happen" "maybe your stressed" "stop thinking about it" "you're young" I would almost rather them say nothing at all. I would also just like to scream or grunt in their face, but instead I smile and change the subject.

It is crazy to think about how infertility affects 1 in 8 couples. Just the fact that you have a 20% chance each month of getting pregnant is mind boggling. I mean we hear about people getting pregnant all the time, so why should it be any different for those of us having such a hard time?

Our time will come, this I know. I just wish I knew when so then maybe, just maybe, I can feel ok about the journey we find ourselves on.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment