Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Monday, August 22, 2011

Chiropractic Care and Pregnancy

Ever since college when I would lug around 50 pound bags of camera equipment I have been visiting a chiropractor. They have been very helpful in treating the discomfort and generally making me feel much better.

I am a holistic type of patient, I would much rather have you fix me without cutting me open!

About a month ago I started getting this clicking noise in my lower back when I would walk. I could only imagine it was from the growing baby moving some things around. I was also having pains down my legs, I needed to figure out what to do asap. I headed into the Chiropractor and I really did not think anything of it. I knew they could fix the clicking. Of course with a few simple adjustments and some new pillows and boards to avoid pushing on me while laying on my stomach I was done with the clicking.

I have been asked several times by many different people: "OH dear you go to a Chiropractor, AND your PREGNANT". I just smile and nod because they don't know what they are missing. I have done my research and all of the doctors remind me how we need to work together regarding discomforts and getting things in place now; I feel completely comfortable with the process.

Some tips if you are interested:
1. Go talk to a doctor, they are doctors and all of them train on how to adjust those who are expecting.
2. Do your own research, find a doctor you like. Ask around.
3. Go in with an open mind. It may take a few visits before things start lining up, but keep at it.
4. Be vocal, if it is uncomfortable or causing you pain tell them. They will gladly try another technique, you just have to let them know.
5. Recognize the changes in your whole body, not just your tummy and be in tune with it. There are some incredible things happening and some uncomfortable things, so get the discomforts fixed now to give you more time to enjoy your baby.

A few sites that may be useful:
http://www.americanpregnancy.org
http://www.acatoday.org

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting it here. It helps a lot!

    ReplyDelete