Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Breastfeeding woes

I have a feeling this week is going to be a good one, first off my little babe and I have finally come to an agreement on the breastfeeding front. My milk is in! It took FOREVER it seems like and we were supplementing with formula. I was behind the 8 ball already because of the c-section, pain meds and a stubborn baby. Needless to say the last few weeks were really trying, she has been in my arms constantly, my nipples were raw. I felt like a feeding machine.

The past few days have been much better, I have been able to put her down for more than ten minutes. I can also hear her gulping and she will have drops of milk on the corner of her mouth at times. I am glad I stuck with it. Its the one thing I have been determined to do, beyond the health benefits I wanted that bond with her.

Each day has been getting better since my milk has been satisfying her. She is more alert and playful, I can't believe its almost been a month!

1 comment: