Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Monday, December 12, 2011

Update - Home from the Hospital

I am going to keep this short and not get into the details just yet, firstly the sitting position isn't super comfortable after the c-section. I have about 10-15 staples, (I can't see them, therefore I can't count them) but I sure do FEEL them. They are very sensitive and tender today, I have been laying and reclining a lot more recently just to get the pressure off the area.

Our baby is AMAZING.

Addison Mary was born at 8:36 am December 8, 2011 weighing in at 9 pounds 14 oz and 22.5 inches long.

Wow what an experience, what a gift for such a hard road to have crossed. We were released from the hospital yesterday, I am very thankful to not be bothered every hour. My mother is here helping which is wonderful and I am trying to breast feed so my time is split between feeding, resting and just staring at her beautiful face.

It has been a whirlwind few days, just so amazing. My brain is not functioning as normal due to lack of sleep and my sentences are full of umms lately but I would not change it for anything.

The first night home was not bad, I have been up throughout the night even when she was still in my belly so now I just have someone to take care of. My milk has also not come in fully yet so I am trying to get her on the breast by herself to eat for ten minutes, then using the SNS system to feed. Its a feeding tube you tape to yourself that has formula on the other end but makes her think she is feeding from the breast still and I have been pumping afterwards to get it to come in as quickly as possible. Needless to say its a process. More on the breast feeding frontier to come.

Well my belly is telling me its time to release the pressure and take more meds. I will post as I can and there may be a picture or two :)

1 comment: