Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Monday, October 11, 2010

Cycle 13 TTC #3

Well, cycle 12 was a bust with AF knocking down the door at 11dpo.

So I'm starting all over again.

I feel slightly better about how I feel because I finally sat down and talked to daddy dreamersaur about it. I need answers, and without insurance it is going to come down to saving more money to get the testing done I need.

The first thing I want to do is get an HSG done. That's a test to see if my tube is blocked. If that is the problem.. well I'm done for. I can't afford a surgery to unblock it and I sure as hell can't afford IVF. If that is the problem well.. there will be a long drawn out rant about the unfairness of life and my TTC career is officially over.

If it isn't a blocked tube I need to do blood work for my thyroid again, test for PCOS, stand on my head? Maybe a real FSH level test? I used the one that came in my box of First Response pregnancy tests and "passed" but it's an indicator only. I'm not "old" but I'm pushing "advanced maternal age". I'm willing to test anything at this point.

Maybe my baby maker is just on it's last lap.. fun to drive but otherwise not very practical?

It can't be just plain old stupid bad luck.. I'm not THAT cursed!


Until next time.....
dreamersaur

2 comments:

  1. what's the deal with your thyroid? i have autoimmune thyroiditis (hashimoto's) and can share some info.

    my husband and i have been TTC for 7 years and managed to get pg. briefly last summer (as my thyroid was finally evening out). my levels are perfect now - TSH, T4 and T3 (all of which needs to be tested by whatever doc you're seeing) and my antibodies have more than halved since i went off gluten last aug (there are connections between celiac and auto-immune thyroid), so we're hoping to soon be pg. again.

    make sure ALL your levels are optimum (below 2, for TSH, according to the American Endocrinologist Assoc. and anyone up on the studies) and have your doc test you for anti-thyroid antibodies. my original doc. wouldn't b'c she said there was nothing that could be done if it was autoimmune but that's bull-&^%$, as i've discovered with the realization that i'm definitely celiac...

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, my Free T4 was way low last summer, and i'm convinced that's why we lost the baby. it needs to be in the upper range of the optimal measurement. if you need more info, i'm on fertilethoughts.com as 'makesthree'.

    ReplyDelete