Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, October 7, 2010

Appointment

After chatting with some friends about my current physical state, they suggested that I have my thyroid checked. I did have a lot of the symptoms of hypothyroidism, so I called and made an appointment with my GP. This was my first visit with my GP here and my first experience with my GP in the UK was less than ideal, so I was a little nervous about how it would go. Thankfully, she was very nice and I didn't even have to suggest the fertility bloodwork I was hoping to have done in addition to the thyroid. Bonus was I happened to be on CD23, so they did that bloodwork today! She also suggested my husband call the local hospital to set up an appointment for a S/A while I was doing all of this. I really appreciated how proactive she was about this.

The one interesting thing (to me at least) was when she asked me if I had been having spotting between periods. For probably 6 months prior to starting to TTC I was having spotting, sometimes it was a bit heavy. She said that this could mean my body wasn't producing enough hormones to fully ovulate. Huh. I didn't even know that could happen! Since we started TTC this has actually stopped and she said this was a good sign as my body was regulating itself again.

The results from the bloodwork should be back by Monday so we'll see what it says!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment