Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, September 9, 2010

Let the Countdown Begin

The Countdown to "Baby" arriving, that is! I am in the home stretch now with only 48 days to go till I reach my due date. And believe me people, I am ready!

Remember that little thing I mentioned in my last post about how I was hoping to steer clear of the cold DS had brought home from school?! Yah, two days later I spent an entire day on the couch because no amount of hand washing could keep me from getting the dreaded bug! Almost a week later, the symptoms haven't got much better. I have been taking Tylenol to now tolerate not only the stiff neck and carpal tunnel infested hand but also the aches and pains of the common cold. I see my Dr. again tomorrow so I will ask what she suggests I take to get me through the rest of this miserable state!

I have also been lucky enough to be experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions again! My DH, DS and I raise steer calves. We had a death in our herd yesterday so I spent quite a bit of time outside w/ the "babies" cleaning out the stall our sick calf had been residing in. I was fine for awhile, until I decided to start preparing for the burial of the dead calf. I found that digging a hole wasn't going to work too well and luckily I had saved that part for last.

About that time DH came home from work. It's always better, I find, to keep some things from him. Especially if those things involve me overdoing it a tad bit! We went about our business as usual but he quickly caught on that I was uncomfortable. I told him that I thought maybe that "Baby" was sitting in the wrong spot and creating some pressure. He ordered me back inside to sit down and finished up with the help of DS.

Things went back to normal relatively quick after I sat down awhile, and I don't think I'll be doing anymore digging till after "Baby" makes his grand entrance! Seven more weeks or more of taking it easy isn't so bad, as long as there's not too much work to be done from here on out!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment