Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, July 29, 2010

Oh So Irritable

Uterine irritability: Research suggests that in some women the uterus is particularly irritable, and that this irritability makes it susceptible to untimely contractions. - What to Expect When You're Expecting

After visiting w/ my Dr. last week and again the other day over the phone, I have been doing a little research on this whole irritable uterus mess. I have been experiencing some very uncomfortable symptoms this week which include...
  • menstrual-like cramps
  • nausea
  • lower back pain
  • an achiness or feeling of pressure in the groin area
  • an overwhelming urge to pee that ends in a trickle
  • not as much fetal movement
I know I need to take it easy and I thought I was! Sure there are a few things that maybe I should have avoided doing but this is getting ridiculous! I have been ordered to refrain from lifting anything over 20 pounds, have I mentioned that DS weighs almost 50?!
The last thing I want right now is to be put on bedrest so I guess I will just have to suck it up and stop when I feel I need a break. DH has banned me from using the mower after this morning. I got too hot again and not getting enough water only causes more irritability which in turn causes more discomfort.
"Baby" has been more active over the last couple days which is a relief. Saturday and Sunday were pretty scary, he wasn't nearly as active as usual! That's enough to scare me into sitting for a few hours!
I am currently 27 weeks today and have 13 more weeks of dealing w/ this irritable uterus. I have a feeling that if I make it to 40 weeks, this Mama is going to be a little irritable herself!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment