Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, July 22, 2010

14 Weeks Left to Go

I have reached my 26th week of pregnancy. My baby weighs about 1 1/3 pounds and has undergone a growth spurt in the last couple of weeks. This week marks a major milestone in development. His hearing system is now completely formed and over the next few weeks he'll become increasingly sensitive to sound. I've been trying to remind DS that "inside voices" are very important now and especially when the baby comes. "We don't want to scare Baby Brother!"

Being pregnant in the summer time has had it's fair share of challenges. Although I was pregnant w/ DS at the exact same time, I don't remember ever having to deal w/ the heat the way I have this time around. Most days I do what I can to avoid going outdoors altogether but w/ a busy three year old, that's not always possible!

My Dr. scolded me at my appointment yesterday telling me that I need to take it a little easier on myself and reminded me that I am not only responsible for my own health but the health of my baby. I have been experiencing some cramping which she believes is due not only to the heat but my running around like a crazy person! Staying off your feet is definitely easier said than done.

And after a very comfortable 2nd trimester, we are now back to feeling not so comfortable during the third! After a very busy week at our county fair last week, I spent an entire day in bed on Sunday recuperating. Bedtime is back to 8pm (if I make it that late), and the lawn has definitely seen it's better days! Picking up DS has become almost impossible and hanging out the wash requires the use of the big red wagon!

With only 14 weeks left to go, I plan to try harder to relax a bit and take in all the preparation that comes w/ getting a home "baby ready" once again. DS and I have plans to start sorting through baby clothes and washing the newborn duds. I am anxious to pick out some new crib bedding and a to finalize a decision on a name for Baby Brother! And as I've said before, I promise to do better w/ my blogging!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment