Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thirty-Nine Weeks

Today I am thirty-nine weeks and one day pregnant and it's my last day of this pregnancy. I will be induced tomorrow at 5 a.m. and plan to meet our little girl tomorrow. Mr. Divasaur is adorable...he purchased 4 dozen birthday cupcakes in chocolate and vanilla to share with the staff at the hospital tomorrow. They are the same cupcakes I bought to announce my pregnancy at work! And he keeps singing the Happy Birthday Song. He's positively giddy. Several times today he's said, "honey...we're having a baby TOMORROW!"

I, on the other hand, am vacillating between calm composure and overwhelming anxiety. I am nervous about what could or could not happen tomorrow. To me. And to my baby. I am praying that everything happens the best way that it can. And trying to meditate and be positive. I have resting a lot and it's felt good to just cat nap when I need to sleep. Mr. Divasaur and I went to a movie and have eaten at a couple of our favorite restaurants. We've taking walks and given extra attention to our furbabies, who are super clingy right now. We've also updated our Birth Plan (to include that fact that I will now be induced), shopped for last minute baby things (Lanisoh, Soothies Gel Breast Pads and infant finger nail clippers), and finally packed our hospital bags. Yes, there's two. One with clothing and toiletries and the other with extras such as bath sheets, pillows, comfort measures (massage lotions, tools, etc.), camera, laptop, etc.

Here's what's in our bags:

Purse with ID, insurance card and epidural registration card

Clothing for me:
Sports bras and sarong (for L&D)
Fleece Robe
PJs (three pair of button front tops/drawstring pants)
Nursing Tanks
Socks
Crocs (for shower, walking the halls, etc.)
Uggs
velour hoodie/sweatsuit (one in pink; one in black)
Granny panties

Clothing for baby:
NB sized outfit with hat, socks, onesie, etc.
0-3 sized outfit with hat, socks, onesie, etc.
Bunting
Outfit for first photo (hospital photo)
Swaddling Blankets

Clothing for hubby:
Lounge clothes
Shoes
Socks
T-shirts
Underwear
Glasses & Contacts
Swim trunks (for assisting in shower)

Electronics:
Camera with charger and USB cord
Laptop with charger
Cell Phone with charger

Extras:
CDs for labor/post partum (or use laptop with AccuRadio.com)
Bath sheets (2 - one for me; one for DH)
Birthing Ball
Bath mat (for birthing ball and/or shower)
Snacks/drinks for mom, hubby & doula
Cupcakes for nurses/staff
Moby Wrap
Notebook/pen
Pillows (body pillow, king sized pillow and one smaller one)
Extra blanket for hubby
Change for vending machines/cash for cafeteria
Car seat
Birth plan (several copies)
Tennis balls and other massage tools/items
Massage lotion/oil
Essential oil (Grapefruit)
Hard candies
Breath mints
My Brest Friend Pillow
Travel Neck Pillow

Toiletries:
Glasses and contacts
Contact Solution
Lip Balm
Lotion
Make-up
Hair products
Hair clips and headbands, etc.
Lanisoh
Q-tips
Neti Pot
Vaseline
Tucks Pads
Eye drops
Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
Nail file/baby nail clippers for baby

We live 5 minutes from the hospital so if there's something I want and didn't pack, I'll send my mom back to get it. That said, I've packed with the possibility that I will have to stay 4 nights in case my induction leads to a c-section. I am hoping for a vaginal birth and to check out after 24 or 48 hours at the most. We shall see. DH plans to stay with us as long as we're in the hospital, even though I've told him that if he's not sleeping well that I'd prefer he go home and sleep in our bed and come back in the morning. Again we'll just have to play it all by ear.

So there you have it. I cannot believe that this time last year we had just decided that we were ready to start our family and now, a year later, we're preparing to meet our baby girl. It's amazing. And what a wild ride. While the end of my first pregnancy is near, I am sure that this is just the beginning of what will certainly be a life-changing journey.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I wish you the best tomorrow with your delivery. It is truly a blessing, an experience you'll cherish forever. Your life is just beginning and this precious little one will make you see the world in a way you could have never imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck and congratulations to you! I am so excited for you and Mr. Divasaur!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear your story!!! Praying for you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeeeee! I'm so insanely excited for you and Mr Divasaur...I hope that, induction aside, everything goes as you're hoping for your L&D tomorrow. I know this pregnancy hasn't been everything you expected, but the outcome is still wonderful - you get to meet Libby tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! :D Best of luck and enjoy your early days as best you can! :)

    (What on earth is an epidural registration card?!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings for a wonderfully smooth delivery! Looking forward to reading your story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope all goes well for you and your baby. I pray for a healthy delivery and I can't wait to read the story.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope everything went well today. I can't wait to hear all about your L&D and meeting little Libby for the first time!

    ReplyDelete