Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Business of Being Born

I have finally watched this documentary regarding the medicalization of birth in America. It has just reconfirmed my desire to go natural. Maybe next time I'll get to do it in a birthing center or even at home. But for now, the plan is to labor at home as long as possible with our doula, who is also an RN, and she'll be in the hospital with us as well. If you'd like to watch it for yourself, you can watch it here: The Business of Being Born

Knowledge is power.

2 comments:

  1. what a coincidence - i had gotten it from the library last week, and we just watched it tonight. it was really eye-opening. MH and I then had a good conversation about investigating all our options when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for much for posting it! I watched it yesterday. It also reaffirmed my choice of having a midwife and a doula. =)

    ReplyDelete