Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Twenty-Seven Weeks

Today I am twenty-seven weeks pregnant and officially in the third trimester! Not much has changed since last week. Baby is still kicking, I still have my seasonal allergies to contend with and major heartburn (no matter what I eat)! My pelvic pain has resolved itself, for now, but now I have hip and tail bone pain! I managed to get one night of uninterrupted sleep in this past week, but that's it. I am sure that from here on out it will all only increase in intensity!

I am stretching daily according to the exercises listed in Active Birth and the Husband Coached Childbirth (Bradley). Tailor sitting, pelvic tilts, pelvic rocking, wall squats, bouncing on the yoga ball and of course, Kegels and daily walks.

We also continue to get ready for Libby's arrival. Yesterday her bath tub arrived! We got the SpaBaby (aka Tummy) Tub. It mimics more closely the baby's feeling of being in utero...the videos on YouTube of calm little babies enjoying their baths convinced me that I wanted to try it rather than go with the traditional, reclined infant tubs.

We have yet to get a crib or car seat, so they are next on the list. I am not as concerned about getting the crib before Libby arrives because we do have an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper than we plan to use for the first several months anyway. But every baby is different and it would be nice to have a crib if she's the type of baby that prefers not to room-in with mommy and daddy as well as to have a place for her to nap safely during the day. Thank goodness for my mother... she has been instrumental in us getting all of our baby gear together. My DH's mom has been sending us $100/mo. for the past four months for our "baby fund." Yay for grandmas!

Other than that, we have a photo shoot on Saturday morning at a local park with our puggies. It's a maternity/family portrait session. I am so excited! The weather has been gorgeous and is forecasted to remain through Saturday. It's a beautiful time of year in the park with all of the leaves changing. I'll post proofs as soon as I can. For now, according to BabyCenter, here's what's going on with our little Libby (although I am pretty sure she weighs slightly more and is longer than what they say here):

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

3 comments:

  1. aww! You look fantastic!! You will love the arms reach co-sleeper! Have fun getting your pictures made! You will look back and cherish them later!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful. My SIL also used the co-sleeper and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the book suggestions. I'm going to check them out at the library. I'm sure I could benefit from the stretching recommendations!

    ReplyDelete